Saturday, February 20, 2010

Revision for 2nd Week of Lent

Doesn't it always seem that when we get wonderful plans laid out, they all fall apart?  I was so looking forward to the first week of Lent.  I was going to go to church everyday.  I was going to fast and pray and write.  I was going to be peaceful.

Instead, I got slammed with a virus that gave me a fever, chills, extremely unfeminine sweating, and literally knocked me on my behind.  I spent most of this week on the couch sipping broth and watching the Olympics.  Now, we are huge Olympics fans, so the last part wasn't all that bad, but I missed going to church.  I missed having a clear thought.  I missed having the Clean Week I envisioned.  I didn't miss out on a good lesson, though.  Lent isn't about what we think it's going to be in our little well-crafted spiritual plans.  The Christian life is how we react to whatever is thrown at us.  Even when we're thrown a curve ball.

So, I'm a bit behind in writing.  Here's the next few days of readings, and I'll post the rest of the revision after this weekend and a bit of wrapping things up.  I pray that Lent has begun well for you all.  Even if it's not quite how you envisioned it!

 
From My Youth Master File

No comments:

Post a Comment